1. Is Membership based on a calendar year?
No. You can start your annual Membership anytime during the year and have Membership benefits for a full 12 months.
2. When does my Membership start? And, when can I begin using it?
Your Membership starts when you receive the Membership Card(s) and parking placard(s) in the mail. You cannot use your Membership benefits until you have your Membership Card(s) and parking placard(s).
3. When can I expect my Membership materials to arrive in the mail once I purchase them?
Once Membership applications are received into the Membership Department, you can expect to receive your Membership materials in about 7-10 business days. Please allow one extra week if you turn in your application the week before Thanksgiving or Christmas.
4. What do I do if I haven't received my Membership Card(s) within 3 weeks?
Contact the Membership Department at (510) 544-2220. You may also send an email to Membership@ebparks.org.
5. If I renew early, will I lose time on my Membership (i.e. will I only get 10 or 11 months of Membership)?
No. When you renew early, we extend your current Membership out a full 12 months. For example, if your current Membership expires August 31, 2011, and you renew on July 10, 2011, your new Membership expiration date will be on August 31, 2012.
6. What do I do if I lose one or more of my Membership Cards?
Contact the Membership Department at 510-544-2220. You may also send an email to Membership@ebparks.org.
7. Why do I have to give my physical address? I only use my P.O. Box and want all of my mail to go there. Is there really a need to provide my physical address?
To purchase a Membership at the resident price, you must provide your physical home address showing residency in either Alameda or Contra Costa County. We will mail everything to your P.O. Box; however, we will keep the physical address in our records. If you do not wish to provide your physical home address for our records, then you cannot purchase a Membership at the resident price - you must pay the Out of County price.
8. Can I have my Membership mailed to a P.O. Box?
Yes. However, to obtain the resident price for Membership, you must provide your physical home address (showing residency in either Alameda or Contra Costa County) for our records. If you do not wish to provide your physical home address for our records, then you cannot purchase a Membership at the resident price - you must pay the Out of County price.
9. Click on the links below to access other Frequently Asked Questions: